I’ve put together a list of travel resource for those who might be interested in knowing which sites can be used in making your travel planning more convenient. It may also serve as a place to look out for good discounts on flights, accommodation, travel gears, and such around the world.
Some of these sites are affiliated which means I will be rewarded for the clicks and purchases made through the links provided. I promise you that these won’t be intrusive as it will provide you with benefits (some come with good deals) at the same time allow me to use the income to maintain the blog site and other miscellaneous costs (photography, workshops etc). Hope you find them useful and do email me if you need any assistance or tips on countries I’ve lived in or traveled to. Enjoy the list!
I’ve been on several different flights throughout my years of travel and found the following sites to be useful in getting to my travel destinations. These are also airlines which I’ve experienced so far that I wouldn’t mind recommending.
1. Malaysia Airlines (MAS) – National Carrier with domestic and international flights across 6 continents.
2. AirAsia (AA) – Budget airline with domestic and international flights to 100 destinations spanning 22 countries.
3. Firefly – Budget airline with destinations to and from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
4. Malindo Air – Budget airline with destinations to and from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Bangladesh, Nepal.
5. KLM – Royal Dutch Airlines based in Netherlands which also flies around Asia.
6. Jetstar – Based in Australia with destinations within the country, New Zealand and neighboring countries of Asia.
7. EasyJet – Budget airline based in the UK with domestic flights in 32 countries of Europe.
8. Vueling – Budget airline based in Spain with domestic flights (in Europe) only.
Cheap Airlines Comparison
If you have many airline choices and want to look out for the best prices, you can do comparison or search through the following sites:
1. Skyscanner – One of the most popular website for flight comparison & the only I’ve used so far.
Hotels & Accommodation.
Finding a nice place to sleep for the night can be a challenge if you’re going in and out of every website looking for reviews. I’ve only concentrated on these for the longest time as it provides options on conventional and non-conventional stays when traveling.
1. Agoda – My all time favorite only because I’m able to collect points for each booking & use them for other stays.
2. Airbnb – For those who want to live in an apartment, on boats, with nature, then this is the place for you.
3. TripAdvisor – Has reviews on the best stays around the world.
4. Expedia – The site sometimes offers cheaper price on hotel and flight packages.
Travel Guide Books.
My favorite resources for Travel Guide References are:
1. Lonely Planet – Stories and updates on places to visit.
2. DK Eye Witness – For Top 10 places to go with detailed map of the city area.
3. Rough Guide – Has shortlisted adventure, food and sightseeing destinations for your picking.
Travel Inspiration Books.
I used to read a lot of books when I was younger and now that the digital age is part of my daily consumption, I’ve found the love of books to be somewhat forgotten. For this year I’ve decided to read more in order to write more or write better. I’ve acquired a Kindle a few years ago which is convenient for traveling on long journeys and managed to download good e-books on it.
1. GoPro Camera – I’ve only gone to the official website for the latest updates and information.
2. Lazada – Provides good discounted prices for camera accessories.
3. Camera Cases – I go here to check on the latest travel cases and bags with good prices.
4. Olloclip Lens for iPhone – These 3-in-1 photo lens for Macro, Fisheye and Wide Angle are convenient when we want to get a different angle using the iPhone instead of the camera.
1. Ultimate Guide to Travel Insurance – Always be prepared before you travel and this provides good coverage for Australian friends.