#10DBC [Day 3] – Creating a Vision for the Future
The 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge.
The 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge is about taking small actions and moving forward on a path that to building the momentum towards living life on my own terms. In other words, a more focused path, taking small steps toward a bigger goal.
The next challenge for Day 3 is to create the vision for the future. In the second day post, I wrote about understanding why we want a freedom lifestyle, “Read #10DBC [Day2] – Discovering your Why“. I realized the important things in life and why I will keep on doing the things I love to achieve those goals.
Creating the vision of my future with a perfect day scenario.
What my mornings would be like.
- I wake up at 6:30 in the morning to give myself an early start to the day.
- I would stretch the mat out and do 30 minutes of pilates or a quick walk by the beach (because I will have a beach house one day).
- I’ll do some cleaning around the house, get the house work done and out of the way so that I can start the day in a fresh environment.
- My morning coffee is important as it helps to awaken my senses. I can smell it already. After getting ready, I’ll have proper breakfast with a cappuccino and do a little bit of journal writing. I like to reflect on things that happened the day before, jotting them down before I forget those memories.
- I’d catch up on work, research content ideas for the website, reach out to companies and share ideas for their brand.
What my afternoons would be like.
- Get ready for a road trip day with the parents or friends, depending on who is available on the day. We’d go out, exploring the next town or visit another state just for its’ food. It’ll be unplanned and totally random. We’ll stop along the way and eat at food stalls or dip our feet in a waterfall until we reach our destination.
- If I could go on a road trip every single day of my life, I would do it with happily and without a fuss in the world.
What my evenings would be like.
- Now that I’m back from my road trip, I’ll have dinner, enjoy good conversation with loved ones.
- I’ll start to unwind my writing all the adventures that happened during the day, on my travel blog. It helps me to relax before the day ends.
- There will always be a book beside my bed so that I can dream of words that were written diligently by the author.
Having this vision calms me.
This is one of the best lessons learned for this 10 Day Blog Challenge as I feel that having a vision makes you move towards it one day at a time. It also makes me feel happy and relaxed, knowing that this day is possible, as I prefer to go with the flow and not have any specific plans when it comes to traveling or going on a road trip.
I won’t limit myself to these activities to define a perfect day, but I know that I’d be happy if I’m able to do any of the following things:
- Whatever that I can do at the beach (because that’s where my house will be as I mentioned)
- Wherever I can go, especially on a road trip to somewhere.
- With the people that I love in my life because it’s nice to be together doing things you love and sharing them with those that matter.
“This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 3
About Yafieda Jamil
A Malaysian girl currently working abroad in Phnom Penh city. I love a good road trip, hot cappuccinos, spicy food and staring at old buildings. My mission is to inspire people to see the world differently before we all get any older. Oh and giraffes are the most beautiful creatures on earth.